Sell with Confidence
Read More

A Career in Real Estate

By Natalie Cooper

It is a common misconception that real estate is a career which is all fun and games. After all, there is a lot of money to be made in property!

A career in real estate is a lot more than sipping lattes and driving around in a nice company car. Real estate agents, such as the team who work for Ray White Narre Warren South, don’t just do an average “9-5” office hours job. They are consummate professionals, occasionally working between 60 and 70 hours a week (including weekends), and dedicated to serving the needs of their clients.

So why should you become a real estate agent?

It is excellent career path
The job description of a real estate agent would be someone who sells, leases, manages and buys properties on behalf of clients.

Although this is their major focus, a real estate agent, such as our team of highly experienced professionals in Ray White Narre Warren South, will also offer advice to their clients, whether this be in the buying, selling, renting or owning of property, to guide them in their journey to find a home that suits them and their needs best.

Also, don’t forget – real estate agents will receive genuine satisfaction from helping clients find the perfect home or sell their property at a great price, and it is hugely rewarding for agents to help buyers and sellers manage their way through both processes.

How do you get into the industry?
As anyone at Ray White in Narre Warren South will tell you, the Australian real estate industry is a dynamic, fluid and complex environment.

It is mostly determined by a range of external factors, because the industry is affected by fluctuations in things that are usually outside of our control, such as the economy, interest rates, demographics and unemployment rates.

These determinants influence both supply and demand and consumer confidence.

Embarking upon a career in real estate involves understanding the nuances of the industry and traversing this multi-aspect and constantly shifting landscape with confidence and authority on behalf of a client.

What makes a good agent?

  • A successful real estate agent is:
  • Driven by an excellent set of values
  • Goal-focused
  • Performance driven
  • Committed to their job
  • Autonomous and motivated
  • People-oriented.

Real estate agents will spend a lot of their time looking for the business rather than the business finding us, so motivation is a key driver in their everyday work life. Approximately 80% of your work life as an agent will be spent prospecting for potential business, with the remaining 20% spent selling property. This is because so much time is about building stock to be able to make sales.

If you’re thinking of embarking upon a career in real estate, it helps to do some diligent research to ensure that you are going to be rewarded by a workplace environment that will align with your own values, both as an individual and as a professional.

Are there any speciality areas?
Qualified agents operate across a range of roles and speciality areas.

Within the scope of real estate, agents can specialise in:

  • Residential Sales
  • Auctioneering
  • Commercial Sales
  • Property Management (either in residential or commercial)
  • Buyer or vendor advocacy
  • Business Broking

In summary
A career in real estate will prove to be an excellent choice to make for your future.

Real estate as a business can be a very difficult career if the training and work ethic fails, but it can be a seriously rewarding career if you someone who is self-motivated, hard-working, honest, and you also enjoy networking and helping people.

At Ray White Narre Warren South, people are our greatest asset. We welcome genuine committed individuals who are interested in either starting or furthering their real estate career with us.

Up to Date

Latest News

  • Why should you move to Narre Warren South?

    Located in the south east of Melbourne is Narre Warren South. It is one of the fastest growing areas in the state of Victoria. So why are so many people attracted to this outer suburb and why has it continued to grow? Well that’s simple. Narre Warren South is an … Read more

    Read Full Post